Horse riding can be addressed as a sport for equestrians, leisure past time for some, or a mode of transportation to others. Riding a horse is not as easy as it sounds. A rider will need to undergo basic trainings and lots of practice. An experienced and professional horse rider can help assist beginners on how to mount, ride, walk, and do simple trots in this fun activity. Here are some few tips for novices who would like to try horse riding.
– Before anything else, prevention is better than cure as they always say. Having safety helmets, back protectors, and wearing proper attire are some preventive measures to ensure one’s safety.
– Seek consultation and ask for a brief orientation to a horse rider expert. Seeking for a friend’s advice who is good at horse riding is nice but an accredited horse rider should be on top priority.
– Make sure all necessary equipments for horse riding horse riding for children such as protective helmet, back protectors, horse saddle, girth and other equipments are completely available.
– Given a chance, get to know the horse more. Establishing rapport can build trust and comfort to both the rider and the horse. This will help the rider relieved from anxiety and stress.
– Allot time to practice the basics. Ask question and give reactions on certain procedures. Practice on how to mount, ride, rein, walk and dismount before riding a horse can boost confidence for first timers.
– Preparing to ride a horse may take time. It needs grooming and proper setup of equipments. Try to be eager in assisting the trainer in grooming and dressing the horse. Hands-on training is a beneficial factor in learning.
– Upon mounting, riding and walking the horse, remember to have a steady gait. Always keep your heels back down the stirrups, keep your back straight and chin up. Move along with the movement of the horse as naturally as possible while maintaining proper posture. Always focus and look on the path your going to go.
– Practice is the key in becoming a good rider. Gradually practice the horse in making turns, walks and doing simple trots. This will help the rider get comfortable with the horse.
– After several minutes or hours of horse riding, after care for horses is a must. Before leaving, make sure to check and feel the horse’s chest. If you still feel the chest is still warm, keep him walking. On the other hand, if it’s cool, that’s the only time a rider can remove the horse’s saddle and give a good groom. After which, the rider is good to go.