If you find yourself in urgent need of a DUI lawyer to represent yourself in the court as you have being arrested with DUI charge, where should you go about looking for a suitable and highly capable DUI lawyer which you would trust in to defend you against the charges made. No doubt there are many ways to go about it, such as seeking for your close friends’ recommendations, checking out from the online internet, paying visit to the nearest legal office nearby; regardless which method you have opted for before you managed to short-list your DUI lawyers, you won’t be able to tell if any of them will be the right candidate to handle your case or otherwise until you have explored their trails of experience and exposure as a DUI lawyer.
1. First of all, what are their educational background and achievement in succeeding them to become a professional DUI attorney today. Find out if they have studied and graduated majoring in DUI law or have being studying for a combination of DUI law plus other types of legal specializations at the same time. You need to set the minimum expectation on the qualification of your potential DUI lawyer DUI Attorney to facilitate in the search. At the minimum, it is essential to have one who is specialized in DUI law and possess massive years of experience ( at least 5 years) in handling DUI charges in court.
2. Next, find out if they are familiar with the court procedures, and have great experience in dealing with other legal personnel in the court such as the jury, the judges, the prosecutor and the prosecutor’s appointed lawyers. If you are serious about having your DUI charges to be successfully dropped, then you really need to get a professional DUI lawyer which has sound court experiences, and a history of winning records as DUI lawyers and great heap of experience.
3. Check out the history of their previous cases, and how many of those are similar to your case. Also investigate their winning probability in such cases. Sometimes, DUI charges are so steeply defined, that the best thing which the lawyer can achieve is to plead for a lower charge, a fair reduction from the original DUI charges itself. It makes complete sense to check out how the court charges are reduced, and how many % have they being successfully being reduced.
4. In some DUI cases, the consequences are so bad and serious that the court rejects the pleading for any DUI charges. However if you are with a great DUI attorney who knows her stuffs well, then you might get your sentencing reduced to half of what they originally are. Honestly, the court outcome is very much dependent on the skill-set and level of exposure of your DUI attorney in their ability to defend their clients.
5. How many years have their being in this practice and how much are their charges? Logically, an experienced lawyer which you have hired yourself is definitely more expensive than one which is appointed by the court or new from the law school. Good DUI lawyers do not come cheap, especially those with great reputations and excellent court records. If you managed to find one which is cheap and offers you a good win, be careful with your choice as you might regret at the end of the day.